Friday, November 12, 2010

Bollywood Cushions: Urban Barn

So many many times I've looked at kitschy cushion covers from some of the talented South Asians I've featured or drooled at similar features on other blogs and sighed wondering why owning one required me to either pay prohibitively for shipping or even worse wait for my next India trip to cart them back *Sigh*

So, you can understand my delight when I found these lovely Bollywood/India themed ones at Urban Barn. which is geographically at least slightly more gettable!





How about some really innovative ones made from jute rice bags? They made me think twice about throwing my rice bags out! I heart everything re-purpose-able and recyclable.

 And of course, these are 'Made in India' and carted here ;)


{Image credit for all products to Urban Barn}

12 comments:

Geeta said...

Good find. Those pillows will look nice in a Bollywood themed media room. Will checkout Urban Barn's site.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fine... I want to make a bollywood corner.. and I think those will look fab on the chairs below it.. Or might just be an overdose of bollywood.. :-)

Bhargavi said...

Khusboo rice pillows.. wah Wah!! I want ! want Want !

Sudha said...

i like a few of them.

Kamini said...

Ha I like the Khushboo pillows too, too cute!

PreeOccupied said...

So cute! I have seen some Bollywood cushions in a friends home on FB and always wondered where she got them from. She has Rajnikanth and Dharmendra. :-)

Sans! said...

I love those Khusboo rice pillows but wonder if they will be comfortable :). Pricklyyyyyy! :)

I have also love Indian kitsch. Good find, Divya!

Anonymous said...

very cute Divya !

GB said...

Nice! :D

I actually have about 6 rice bags that I haven't thrown out---they'll make great placemats, if I could only finish them! as usual, love the post!

Purnima@a creative project said...

wow.. what a innovative idea!! It can become a big craze amongst all Indian film lovers!!

Designwali said...

these pillows were fun...

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

I quite like the rice bag prints:-) Very Indian, very Kitsch:-)